We are not medical professionals. We are simply reasonably intelligent people who can read.
This episode can get a bit scientific.
What Causes Aging and Death
Two Mechanisms that cause aging and death
Role of genetics and environment.
Mechanism one, the biological clock
- Normal distribution curve
- Potential role of insulin
- Low calorie life extension.
Mechanism two, free radical damage, oxidative stress.
- Oxygen is necessary for life but ultimately it is the cause of death
- As we process oxygen in our bodies we produce unstable forms of oxygen such as superoxide, hydrogen peroxide or peroxynitrate. Let’s talk about Hydrogen Peroxide.
- No longer recommended for cleaning wounds because it damages tissue in the wound.
- Unstable forms of oxygen can do damage by donating an unpaired electron or by taking one away from another molecule.
- When free radicals attack DNA, cross linking occurs and this in turn causes cancer.
- Cross linking between fat and protein molecules causes wrinkles.
- Oxidized LDL cholesterol causes plaque build-up in arteries that cause strokes and heart disease.
- Cross linking in neurological tissue is associated with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
What we can do to improve health, extend life, prevent disease and slow aging
- Real food
- Reduced exposure to pollution, environmental hazards.
- Adequate sleep and rest
- Maintain a healthy body composition
- Good multi-vitamin/multi-mineral
- Fish Oil
- Stimulates the body to make antioxidants that are much more powerful than those contained in supplements.
To buy Protandim products or to become a Protandim distributor click on the link below