1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 8 Oz can full fat Coconut Cream (unsweetened)
1 head fresh Broccoli
1/4 Cup roasted and salted Cashews
1 Tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
1 Thumb sized knob of fresh ginger root
4 cloves of fresh garlic
- Peel and finely chop garlic and ginger
- Cut the broccoli into flowerettes and either steam or microwave until firm tender (al dente).
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok and saute the shrimp until almost cooked.( Note; this is a fast process, do not overcook shrimp)
- Add the chopped ginger and garlic and stir fry with shrimp until garlic has a bit of color. Do not burn the garlic!
- Mix the curry paste and the coconut cream to make a lovely pink sauce and add to the wok. this will stop the cooking process until the sauce comes to a boil. Add the broccoli to heat in the sauce.
- Serve and top with roasted cashews. If you have some cilantro, thai basil, scallions or other garnish you like, feel free to add them also.
Suz loves this so much we had it twice this week. this is a great meal to kick ketosis up a notch. The coconut oil and coconut cream contain medium chain triglycerides that readily convert to ketone bodies. By the way they taste great also