2 cups sliced colorful peppers
2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
½ large yellow onion or one medium
2 large tomatoes sliced
1 bunch fresh basil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 oz mozzarella sliced
4 oz grated parmesan
Red pepper flakes to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the sliced peppers, zucchini and onions in three tablespoons of olive oil with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Broil the tomato slices with a drizzle of olive oil to remove moisture and give the tomatoes a nice golden color.
- When the tomatoes are done remove them from the broiler but keep the broiler hot for a later step.
- When the vegetables are tender and slightly browned, add the beaten eggs and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Stir into the vegetables and remove the skillet from the heat. The eggs will continue to cook as a result of the heat from the vegetables and the skillet.
- Top the egg mixture with chopped basil and then arrange the broiled tomatoes on top. Cover the tomatoes with mozzarella slices and a layer of grated parmesan. Drizzle olive oil on top and place the skillet under the broiler.
- When the cheese is melted and browned the eggs should be set. Remove from the broiler and allow to rest a minute or two.
- Slide the eggs onto a cutting board and serve.